Your dedicated partner in women’s health diagnostics.
For over 20 years, Hologic Women’s Health Diagnostics has championed women and their health by providing essential testing for common cervical, sexual and vaginal issues. Knowing that women’s health depends on your decisions, we support you by investing in advancing care standards, access to testing and market-leading diagnostics.
Our market leading, FDA-approved/FDA-cleared molecular diagnostics and cytology tests ensure you have relevant, accurate, and reliable results to inform your decisions.
We are invested in simplifying testing to provide the best possible experience for you and your patients across the continuum of care.
Partner in advocacy
As your specialized partner we support you in navigating current policies and guidelines as well as advocate with you for advances in care standards.
Invested in improving women’s health
- Cervical cancer used to be the #1 cause of cancer-related deaths for women. It’s now #15.1,2
- The Pap test has been the most successful cancer screening program in history.3
- Pap + HPV (co-testing), identifies more cancer and precancer than Pap or HPV testing alone.4
- Targets all women ages 15-24 regardless of their reported sexual activity.
- Detects the care opportunities missed by risk-based screening.
- Reduces STI prevalence, infertility and also reduces cost for healthcare organizations.
Sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
- Each year, 3.7 million people in the U.S. are affected by chlamydia and gonorrhea.6
- Multiple STIs can cause similar symptoms, creating a diagnosis challenge.
- Untreated STIs can lead to serious health concerns for women.7
- The #1 reason women visit the OB/GYN, with ~10 million visits per year.8
- Overlapping symptoms and co-infections make clinical diagnosis a challenge.9
- Traditional methodologies lack detection accuracy, further complicating diagnosis.10,11
Market leading diagnostics
We offer a broad range of market-leading molecular diagnostics and cytology products for women’s cervical, sexual, and vaginal testing. Our nucleic acid amplification tests (NAATs) demonstrate excellent sensitivity and specificity across a wide variety of disease conditions, while our collection devices yield multiple test results from a single patient sample. Overall, our clinical differentiation guarantees both accuracy and simplicity of use.
Staying current on guidelines is crucial to providing the best care for your patients. As your partner in women’s health, we’ve curated key resources to help inform your testing practices.
Vaginitis, STIs and Universal screening